Tuesday, July 4, 2017

hbd america πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

So! Good morning! And happy Fourth of July to each of you! All of you
in America...PLEASE celebrate a ton for me. I promise I'll be there
next yearπŸ‘πŸΌ☺


"Anziano Friedman!"

Anyways, the email today is going to be pretty short. We've got a lot
of stuff going on! We're meeting up with all the other missionaries in
the zone to have a barbecue at the senior couples house, and it's
going to be so fun haha. I feel bad though for my Australian companion
who doesn't yet understand the beauty of the Fourth of July. Poor kid.
He'll learn quickly haha.

"The elders in the district waiting for the tram this morning"

"I just thought it was a pretty day:)"

Besides being busy today, there's not much that happened this past
week. It was actually pretty hard...one of the harder weeks of my
mission. But there's light at the end of the tunnel, and it's best
summed up in a quote I was reminded of that my sister sent me at the
beginning of the mission.

Your mindset is a definition of your faith in Christ.

"Anziano Vance!"

And that changed everything. I admit, I was having a hard time being
positive. A lot of things fell through and we definitely didn't use
our time as best we could've. That just got us even more down. But I
started studying a little bit about positive attitudes as well as the
atonement, and one of the greatest things I learned is that if we
really want it, Christ can not only help us to become clean, but he
can help us be stronger and create within us the desires we need to
get ourselves out of the slums. And what a blessing that is!

"Anziano Young!"

If we're really talking about freedom and liberty today, we can't
really talk about it without also mentioning Christ, who liberated and
freed us all. How grateful I am for him and his life and for the time
I have to represent him!

"Anziano Battaglia!"

Other small highlights from the week include

- playing soccer last night with some Italian teenagers in the parking
lot of the church for finding haha. We got one of the kids numbers
awhile ago and we invited him to come play last night, and he did!
That was fun :)
- zone conference and alllll the homies! We had a combined zone
conference with the Catania zone and I saw so many friends haha. I've
been in southern Italy a long time now, and the majority of the
missionaries I know are down here. It was so fun!
- trying to jump a fence and completely landing on my side on the
pavement hahaha. Luckily, no one saw it.
- doing a district blitz in Bagheria this past Monday

"Anziano Alexander!"

And that's about it! In closing, here's one last quote:

“The greatest discovery of my generation is that [we] can change [our]
circumstances by changing [our] attitudes of mind”

It's not our adversities or our challenges that define us, but how we
respond to them. And we can always choose to respond with positivity
and hope and faith!

"Anziano Peterson!"

Have a great week everyone :) and happy Fourth of July again!

VVB

May the glory ever be to God

Anziano Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment