Monday, November 7, 2016

Mi piace scrivere in italiano perché non mi capite

I'm at a loss when it comes to email subjects today. Soz.

Hello dear ones!

There are not very many things I want to say today. We just finished playing paintball and I'm more than a little sore haha. But I do have two thoughts I want to share with you all.


First off, I was having a pretty hard time this week feeling like I was a good teacher. We had a lesson where at the end, I had a really hard time feeling like I was a good teacher. So for this week I focused on the basics of teaching. I studied in preach my gospel and the scriptures and searched for how I could improve. It all came back to the basics of teaching. It doesn't need to be complex. You don't need to speak the language perfectly to have good lessons. Ask questions. Make it applicable to them. Bear testimony.

But I also found a really meaningful scripture to me in 2 Nephi 33. Verse four. It says

"And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people. And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it persuadeth them to do good; it maketh known unto them of their fathers; and it speaketh of Jesus, and persuadeth them to believe in him, and to endure to the end, which is life eternal."

I am weak. I am not perfect. But when I try, God will magnify my effort. What I do in my weakness, as I do it in faith with the intent to build faith in Christ, he will make those words powerful.

"Sun sets here at 5 PM
But it's still pretty so it's okay"

Secondly, there was another scripture that got me this week. D&C 64:33.

"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."

Just because I'm doing the will of the Lord right now doesn't mean I'll always be able to see the results that I'd like. And that's okay. I promised the Lord that I'd go where he wanted me to go. The words of "I'll go where you want me to go"


come back to me in this moment. I sang them and thought "no he wouldn't actually send me to the stormy sea".

But what if he does? What if that's our lot? Will I still go?

"Most of the zone (missing the missionaries from Foggia)"

"The homies who owned the place"

And that's really been the big question for me this week.

A few other thoughts have been figuring out how I can show faith in every decision I make, and also how I can continue to experience true conversion to the Lord. More than anything I want to make these two years worth it. I want to go home and be able to apply all I've learned out here, because if I don't, these two years for me will have been a waste. Not for those around me that I've helped, but for me, there's no point if I don't become better because of it. So really trying to apply this gospel to me - BECOMING a missionary and not just doing missionary things - is a big thing I'm trying to work on. I think that's a key for all of us. Becoming a disciple of Christ; becoming a member of the church; becoming a (whatever your calling is); because it's so much more than just doing things that are the defining characteristics of such people. We must put these things in our hearts and allow that seed to grow.

Also. (Sorry last thought then I'll be done with this really terrible email)

I was sitting in fast and testimony meeting yesterday and read through the words. I love verse four.

4. He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

It's truly a joy to know that he lives. That's what makes all this worth it to me, really. My testimony of the Savior has grown, and for that reason alone, my mission for me will always be a success.

Here's a few photos from the week!

"This is a fritta.
It's essentially a deep fried pizza, and it's delicious."

"Where we played [paintball]"



VVB e ci sentiamo presto, eh?

May the glory ever be to God

Anziano Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment